Trying to run pump 24/7, keep finding it shut off in the morning, not sure why

Title pretty much says it all.

I'm SLAMming, and trying to follow the recommendation to pump 24/7.

After the first night, I thought maybe it was the fault of an errant Schedule in my EasyTouch controller system, so I went in the remote and deleted all of the Schedules, but after the second night it happened again. I just passed night 4 and I'm really wondering what's doing it, and really hoping I'm not ruining the SLAM process (it's my first time). Last night I went to bed at almost 2am and it was running, and I woke up this morning at 6:30 and it was off.

Frustrating!

Any ideas?

Gene,

If you want the pump to run 24/7, make sure that you have scheduled "Pool" from say 8 am until 8 am... (Does not matter what time, just so that they are the same...)

Are you trying to run at different speeds during that time or just run it at the same speed.

If you manually turn the pump on via the EasyTouch, it will run until the egg-timer runs out.. The default is 12 hours.. You can also set the egg-timer to "Don't stop"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the response. I'm trying to run it at the same speed. I don't see any "egg timer" settings in my remote, but I was just wondering late last night if there's some default run time for manual mode. Maybe I have a different EasyTouch version than you? My Menu, Diagnostics, Software Rev screen says 2.130.

Gene,

If you want the pump to run 24/7, make sure that you have scheduled "Pool" from say 8 am until 8 am... (Does not matter what time, just so that they are the same...)

Are you trying to run at different speeds during that time or just run it at the same speed.

If you manually turn the pump on via the EasyTouch, it will run until the egg-timer runs out.. The default is 12 hours.. You can also set the egg-timer to "Don't stop"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the reassurance.

Missing a few hours per day of pump run time during a SLAM is not a big deal. Just make sure it stays running at least 30 minutes after adding chemicals.

Switch to 'Service' mode on the ET. Then you control your pump with the panel on the Intelliflo. Run it at speed 1 or 2 for efficiency.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.