trying to find a new pump. Need help

Welcome to the forum!

If you want a direct replacement, then that will do. However, with the new DOE regulations in place, it may be difficult to find that pump as they are not being manufactured anymore. Plus that pump is probably much larger (THP) than you actually need. Is the pump running any high flow water features (spa, waterfall, etc)?

It might be a good time to consider upgrading to a VS pump instead and save on energy costs.

Reactions: Amyandmike02
Welcome to the forum!

If you want a direct replacement, then that will do. However, with the new DOE regulations in place, it may be difficult to find that pump as they are not being manufactured anymore. Plus that pump is probably much larger (THP) than you actually need. Is the pump running any high flow water features (spa, waterfall, etc)?

It might be a good time to consider upgrading to a VS pump instead and save on energy costs.
Thank you for the welcome! I don't know a lot about the mechanical side of the pool. It is not running a spa or waterfall. the only "extra" we have is a pool cleaner. It has it's own motor though. I will look into the VS pumps.

We are buying a new pump. I currently have a Hayward sp3210x15. I think the Hayward Tristar pool pump 115/230V, 1.5 HP
MPN
SP3210X15 Replaced by W3SP3210X15
is what i need to purchase. Is this correct?
I have an nearly identical Tristar (1hp 1.85sf 1.85THP) 11 years old . These pumps are robust..powers 4 jets,falls,2 main drains,skimmer and cleaning port all at the same time..i can even drop pool level after a hard rain while all above in operation. I have a V Green 1.65 VS motor on standby per advise from TFP forum member JameW. The V Green 1.65 is motor and control panel only as the wet end of my Tristar pump is in excellent condition. Still can't believe the longevity of these Tristars.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.