New Pump motor needed

Kaspergbge

Jul 10, 2023
Omaha, NE
I need to get a new motor for my Hayward sp2607x10 pump and I found the replacement and while I was on a website it showed there is a VS motor replacement for my pump, my question is, am I able to replace the motor and put a VS motor without doing anything else. Here is a link to the VS motor it is recommending. VGREEN® CENTURY EVC130, 1.30HP Variable Speed Pool Pump Motor 56J Frame 115/230 Volt

Thanks.
What is the total horsepower of the existing motor? The rating plate will have a "HP" number, then a "SF" or "service factor." Multiply the two. If it is less than 1.3 that motor will work. If higher, get the EVC165.
Will you be controlling it with a time clock?

What is the total horsepower of the existing motor? The rating plate will have a "HP" number, then a "SF" or "service factor." Multiply the two. If it is less than 1.3 that motor will work. If higher, get the EVC165.
Will you be controlling it with a time clock?
I do not have a time clock. Do I need one?

Attached is a picture. The 1.3 will work

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    603.2 KB · Views: 9
Kasper,

I've used V-Green motors with great success. The one you've described is a newer version and looks to be a good application to replace your existing Super Pump. The things to check when confirming are: HP, Voltage, and Frame Size. Your existing HP is 1.0 and the replacement is 1.3 so you're good with that, Voltage for the replacement is 115 or 230 so you're good there, and the frame size matches a 56J. I've pasted the data sheet below. What's really cool about this new pump is flexibility for control. This is the first 3rd party replacement vs motor I've seen that is "plug and play" compatible with all of the major manufacturers automation systems. I've attached the manual below also. You can read up on all the different ways to set it up. But basically if you manually start and stop the pump yourself at a switch or breaker you can continue to do that. It would be much easier to use one of the pre-programmed schedules that can vary the speed. This often can reduce your power consumption dramatically because pumps rarely need to run at full speed only. In fact most filters work better at lower speeds. And here's the really exciting thing about your motor. If you have or ever want to add automation you can very easily use any system with this motor. Most of the automation systems sort of hook you in to their motor brand because their advanced control features only work with their pump motors or at least require an adapter that can be expensive. Not so on this one! If you don't ever use automation the schedule mode will help you a lot. But for many of us the flexibility to work with all automation systems is huge. I've never used this particular feature but I can't wait to hear if there are any others that have used this successfully.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

1715691380134.png
1715691420751.png

Attachments

• CENTURY-VGREEN-INSTALL-AND-OP-MANUAL-SQ.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1poolman1
Thank you for the info. That's really helpful. I have only been in this house since July so not even a year yet so still learning lots about pools. I have never shut it off except for cleaning and closing so our pump just ran 24/7. I am excited about this VS motor as I have done research on how they help save energy and money. I will also have to look into automation and see what that is like. I was not planning on adding that this year, but maybe next. For me, I think one of the set schedules that come with it should be a good start. :) Again, thank you for your info, I really appreciate it.