Sent wrong replacement pump, should I keep?

HobbesGTS

Apr 27, 2020
Washington, DC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Motor on my current pump is going bad and needs to be replaced. Currently have an older Hayward Super Pump that's lived a long life and its time to upgrade to a variable speed.

Pool company wanted $2500 to replace, or I can buy the pump for $1400 and do it myself, so I just ordered the replacement.

I ordered the drop in replacement Hayward 1.5HP 230V Super Pump VS because it was supposed to be pretty plug and play, but what came in the mail today is a Jacuzzi JVS270S 2.7HP pump.

Did I get a free upgrade or should I return this? The ports seem to be not too far off from what is currently installed so I don't think it will be that much re-plumbing.

One of my joints failed and I ended up having to do more of a plumbing job than I wanted on the pressure side, but wasn’t horrible. My fiancé laughed when I came inside asking for a towel soaking wet 🤣

Saved $1k and looks like I can get a $300 rebate from the power company still, and now I have a beefy variable speed pump that should save me some money this summer.

Reactions: newdude