Rancho Santa Fe, CA, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
when i set floor cleaner feature ... i see the circuit is set to "generic" vs spa/pool and intellichem is off.
should "floor cleaner" feature circuit be set to "pool" circuit ?

I'm not certain what your "cleaner" circuit does, but doubt the Circuit Function needs to be Master Cleaner as that is not needed with suction side cleaners.

What happens when you push the cleaner button?

Does one of your 4 pumps come on? Or does the speed just increase on the main pool pump? It does not appear that your cleaner is controlled by an automated valve actuator..

Edit.. I re-read your post and I am not sure what it is that you are trying to do??

Thanks,

Jim R.

this system was setup by installer
when "floor cleaner" is selected it sets pump to 3110rpm vs pool or spa setting which are different. but the circuit is selected as "generic" ... and the chlorinator doesn't turn on
just trying to understand if this is typical for this function

The IntelliChlor should only get power if you are in the Pool or Spa mode..

It appears that your installer is an idiot... :mrgreen:

The way you want to program your system is for your "Pool Circuit" to be on for the entire time you want the SWCG to get power.. And then, at the same time, turn on other circuits such as your Cleaner.. See the two examples below..

A bad schedule.
Pool is scheduled for 8 am until 1 pm. (SWCG will be on)
Cleaner is scheduled for 1 pm to 8 pm. (SWCG will be off)

A good schedule.
Pool is scheduled for 8 am until 8 pm. (SWCG is on)
Cleaner is scheduled for 1 pm to 8 pm. (When cleaner comes on the SWCG stays on)

Just leave the Cleaner Circuit Function as Generic...

Are you just using the IntelliChem to add acid or it is also controlling the SWCG's output??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.