Trouble Maintaining FC Levels

As I said, technically you passed the OCLT. So no SLAM, but since you just changed out some water and your pool is small, I would suggest raising to SLAM level for a day or two and then do OCLT again. But up to you.

Reactions: iammikeb
You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool.

The last CYA you show in Poolmath is 40 ppm. SLAM level for that CYA is 16ppm FC.

Hard to ascertain pool volumes with chlorine additions. Liquid chlorine strength can vary over quite a large span as it degrades.

@mknauss yeah, I posted wrong info. Here’s how it should have read (with changes in bold):

I did another 25 mL test a couple of hours after putting in the recommended amount of bleach to hit my SLAM target of 16, and it was at 13.6. The morning sun has also been on the pool for an hour (ish). This would indicate that my pool is larger than the estimated 10k gallons, correct?

Bleach/liquid chlorine has a Julian date on the bottles. Look for a number starting with 20XXX or XXX20. The XXX is the number of days into 2020 that the bottle was filled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very Nice! So now for my shameless request -------
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.