TriStar VS 900 Max Speed

amattas

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Does anyone have the chart for flow by speed setting on this pump?

I have 2" plumbing, but the max programmed speed on the pump is the actual max speed of the pump which I believe to be incorrect. Any idea what it should be?

There is no set GPM vs RPM. It depends on the plumbing setup (i.e. head loss). However, if you looking for a rough estimate, at full speed (3450 RPM), the flow rate should be around 85 GPM on typical 2" plumbing but that does not it will be that on your plumbing but probably not too far off.

Also, flow rate is proportional to RPM so again a rough estimate of flow rate would be RPM/40.

But why are you asking?

No, the pump cannot produce enough pressure to damage anything. However it could produce too much flow rate for some filters.

Thanks, that's helpful. So when I replace the filter and heater (and add an acid dispenser and salt generator) some time down the road is there a rule of thumb of ### x maximum flow rate when sizing these things? Looks like my current filter is rated for 124gpm or roughly 1.5x what the max flow is.

Just get the largest filter you can afford (lots of reasons for this) and make sure the heater has a built in bypass. That way flow rate won't matter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.