Shotcrete is in. They added A LOT of shotcrete on the shallow end. They ended up running out of shotcrete (the plant closed) so the transition ended up dropping off pretty steep into the deep end. They did not put shotcrete on the rebar behind the skimmer and now (next day after shoot) they are putting a few bags of cement back there. Is that going to be an issue (cold joint)? I know you can add shotcrete after the fact but can you just add sacks of quickcrete ready mix?

Screenshot_20220714-100243_RXCamView.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and KfenTx
You need to water it to slow down the curing. It is normal for some creaks. So long as they are not bigger than a dime you are good. You can set up sprinklers to help out with the watering.

Did they fix the sharp drop off?

The skimmer area should be find with the concrete in/on it. The rebar will hold it all together.

I'm assuming you paid your builder a boatload of money. Seems like trusting them might be a good way to go so you live to see the pool finished and don't give yourself a heart attack.

Reactions: aftrshok99
looking good but agree with nwardoh. This site is great for info but can also cause a lot of stress or potential conflict with the builder. I guess many on here in the build section are asking about problems, but there are 1000's more getting pools built that just work. Builders may not do all that is suggested as best practice, but that doesn't mean its wrong.

My pumps are not set up to manufacturers specs, but talking to an engineer (in the family) he can not see what the plumber has done would be any different to what the manufacturer suggests. I picked up however the plumber has been forwarded about the owner who thinks he knows some of nothing.

Think us owners get very emotionally attached to our dream pools, to the contractors its just another day at work. Doesn't mean they are out to get you though. Well except for gouging on variations.

My pool they lined the floor with 3/4' rocks. They used them to extend and level the shallow end more, plus get the slop to the deep end perfect before they meshed and applied gunite. I thought the rough in dig was good enough but I could see the merit in the gravel fill. Still its worth baby sitting them and interesting to watch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good question. Some type of aggregate, but I'm not sure if it's going to be polished, pebble or mini pebble? Help! What's the difference?
I love the feel of polished I had a friend that had that finish and it feels amazing. I am not sure though about the longevity compared to a pebble finish. We had mini pebble in our last pool it was ok. In our current pool we have PebbleSheen which I was told was comparable to mini pebble but it seems a little smoother. PebbleTec has one other finish called PebbelFina that is their smoothest option I have only felt samples not in an actual pool but it was nice.

Reactions: strategy400
I guess we're going with mini pebble. Tile is in progressResized_20220919_133208.jpeg
20220919_184842-jpg.454120

Attachments

• 20220919_184842.jpg
    20220919_184842.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 169
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.