Tips for late opening

May 18, 2017
Bradford ontario
Any tips for prepping for a late opening? This will only be my second time opening my pool and I expect it will be a very late opening. My house caught on fire last summer and we are still in the rebuild process. We were able to get temporary power hooked up to it last summer and it was crystal clear on closing. Our move in date is set for June 2nd but as you can see there is a lot of work to go and I doubt we will make it. I would prefer to leave the safety cover on until the exterior construction is complete (for the safety of my pool!) Thankfully it has been pretty cool here so far in canada but it wont last long. Will peeling back the cover every few days and keeping the chlorine level up be enough? Anything else i can do?
NS8qWpm.jpg

Will peeling back the cover every few days and keeping the chlorine level up be enough?
That could certainly help. It would be best though if you could brush it around a bit or drop a small submersible pump in the water to help mix it around. Wow, so sorry to hear about your home. Hope you get back in there soon. Good luck!

Reactions: splashpad
Any tips for prepping for a late opening? This will only be my second time opening my pool and I expect it will be a very late opening. My house caught on fire last summer and we are still in the rebuild process. We were able to get temporary power hooked up to it last summer and it was crystal clear on closing. Our move in date is set for June 2nd but as you can see there is a lot of work to go and I doubt we will make it. I would prefer to leave the safety cover on until the exterior construction is complete (for the safety of my pool!) Thankfully it has been pretty cool here so far in canada but it wont last long. Will peeling back the cover every few days and keeping the chlorine level up be enough? Anything else i can do?
So sorry for your experience!
If it were my pool, honestly, keeping it covered would be the best. I would just prepare for a possible SLAM Process if needed once you are settled back in.
If you can get the water circulating with the cover on, then adding chlorine would be a plus. But again so sorry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.