Jun 29, 2022
Saint Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,

I found this website last year and it has helped me so much. Last year we had to drain the pool and paint because the old paint was chipping. Anyways we followed instructions to not add any chemicals so we wouldn’t mess up the paint. We have yet to take the cover off, but am already anticipating a swamp. Anyways, I know about what chemicals to add and in which order, but my question is about liquid stabilizer. The powder stabilizer takes a week to fully dissolve and during that time it says to not backwash the pool. This will be difficult since I am just opening and need to be cleaning constantly. I also want the stablizer right so I can SLAM and get this pool ready. Has anyone ever used liquid stabilizer and is it faster than granule stabilizer? Any other tips or advice? Last year was trying so I am hoping what I learned last year will make this opening more smooth. I am also 7 months pregnant lol

Thanks!

You can use liquid stabilizer. You must use the entire jug as it must be washed out repeatedly to get all the product out.

You can use dry stabilizer. Using the sock method it should not take more than a few hours to dissolve. No need to wait to backwash as long as you use the sock method. And once you start dissolving the CYA, start the SLAM process.

You need a proper test kit to do a SLAM.

Reactions: Lmkedro87
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.