Time for new.....everything! Help!

May 8, 2018
Delafield, WI
Bought a home 3 years ago with a pool. Thanks to TFP, have the chemistry down. But everything is old, so it's time to prioritize. Looking to see if any of you have questions I should be asking, things to consider, etc. And, of course, ballpark prices.

1) Liner. Not horrible but some fading/ chem stain spots. Priority for pool wife, so I guess it's first.
2) When we add liner, I want to add corner steps. All we have is 2 ladders, and always wanted steps. Will also need new skimmer plate. But what about coping? And anything else I may want?
3) Pump. I have a single speed, know I want variable speed. What will do the job, but not overkill? I mean, as long as Im getting one I would like to control with wifi. My heater too if thats possible. Pool guy is putting together quote for Omni but seems really expensive.
4) Filter/ SWG This is a next year project, but want to start planning what I should get, cost, etc.

Would appreciate any help you pros can offer!

@kimkats is very helpful with design/upgrades.

#4 ~ If you love your sand filter, I love sand filters!! :D SWG should preferably be rated for x2 the pool volume, it helps to prevent from running at 100% often and having a shortened cell-life

Have your wife look over this tread to see if she can find a liner she likes:

add corner steps
That sounds neat but it will add some $$$ to the price BUT pricing is VERY hard to know as each area is so different.

Will also need new skimmer plate
I would also get new return things to make it all match.

But what about coping
Show us what it looks like now so we know what you are working with. We will go from there.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.