Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When my deck was redone several years ago, the contractor who poured the deck left a piece of plastic that sits at the top of my tile. This was part of the form to pour the concrete. In most area of the pool it looks good and provides a clean line between the deck and the pool tile. However, in some areas the tile has shifted and created gaps between this narrow piece of plastic and the tile, making it rather unsightly. See the photos below. The top one is one of the "good areas" of tile and the bottom is where the tile has pulled away from the plastic piece (and my attempt to repair it).
I have tried to "clean up" the bad areas by using tile grout in the gaps, but it is now cracking and falling out in some areas. I'm wondering if caulk would be a better solution to get a clean line similar to the other "good areas" of the tile in the pool. Any thoughts? Can I use a caulk along the top edge of the tile to fill in any gaps there and make this look better. If so, what type of caulk should I use? Thanks.

Attachments

• tile1.jpg
    tile1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • tile2).jpg
    tile2).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 13
I found these two products on Amazon. Would one be better than the other for sealing cracks around the top of my tile (see post above)... or would either one do the job?

I would just put some new grout in those areas.

Once you put silicone on an area you will never be able to use anything else on it.

I never seem to get a very clean line using grout and, because the gaps are quite small in some areas, the grout seems to break away easily over time. is there another type of caulk that is not silicone) that I could use to fill these gaps? I think caulk will be easier to work with. I can put a small bead of caulk in these gaps and smooth it out with a damp finger for a "clean" finish. Would an exterior (non silicone) caulk be a better choice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.