TFP Expert
Apr 29, 2016
Quaker Hill, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After a few hard weekends of work the kids new play area has been finished. Even got the pool up to 75 this weekend got the first swim in April not too shabby for the Northeast coastline.

Attachments

• IMG_20170430_191159.jpg
    IMG_20170430_191159.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 175
Cool. Got any pics of that chipper in action? I've got three pine trees close to the house that I'm gonna have topped this year and leave three 12-15ft logs standing that I'll build a treehouse on. The kids have always wanted some kind of fort or treehouse. On the list is a zip line from the biggest tree to a decent sized oak across the yard. The kids are pushing for it. The oldest is 10 and I'd like her to have fun on it before she's all grown up. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Your pool build pics are great! Nice place! Got rocks? Sheesh!

The electric panel link is cool, I need some more time enjoying to read that.

The kids have been eyeing that rock cave since I built the house 3 years ago. I keep on telling them I need to clean it out of bugs and snakes and what not. Gotta make no skunks live in there too. The cave adventure area is part of the tier 3 expansion pack coming this summer. Next up is concrete steps connecting the deck to the play area and the outdoor shower/changing area on the upper deck. Also gotta get the ground rack for the solar panel in...

No action shots of the chipper but I have a pick about after the first few hours running. Ended up clearing about an acre of trees in the weekend and made about 35 yards of chips mostly hardwood and some pine. The chipper ate the pine trees like candy. A 12inch diameter piece of pine trunk didn't even slow it down.

Attachments

• IMG_20170430_200430_01.jpg
    IMG_20170430_200430_01.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 158
I think we counted 21 loads with the backhoe at about 1.3 yards per load for the play area. Estimated I had about 10 loads left in a second smaller pile for use as needed.

Chipper was a 4 cylinder John Deere motor looked to be the same size as the one in 310 backhoe. The backhoe has a turbo and it's about 80hp. I'm guessing the chipper was around 60hp. The registration on the chipper said GVW was 7000lbs. Burned 10 gallons of diesel in 7 hours run time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.