Thread of Disgust.

Vienna sausages. Used to get eight in a can and they were jammed together and now the label says "about 8" and you ALWAYS get 7. And they are loose.

View attachment 62291

I never understood how they could pack 8 in there. It was always a chore to get that middle one out to get them started. I bet they swell up in the can. That would explain it. You're even getting fancy and grilling them. You gonna quarter up some buns and have mini dogs? Like a White Castle hot dog. ?

Vienna sausages. Used to get eight in a can and they were jammed together and now the label says "about 8" and you ALWAYS get 7. And they are loose.

- - - Updated - - -

Breakfast cereals. The boxes have the same frontal area today but have been getting less and less depth.

I had been yelling at my teenage boys about eating a box of cereal in a day and a half. Work at a preschool, found some old boxes we had saved from a few years ago. The regular sized box from before was much bigger the the newer "large" size. I quite yelling at them. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

All the propane tank exchange places who only put 12-14 lbs in a 20 lb tank and make it look like a reasonable price compared to getting it refilled for a real 20.

We are fortunate. Our local Agway refills the tanks and you only pay for what you need. Mine just ran out today. Luckily it was right when the BBQ chicken was done!

The caviar that I get is in the same size package but there's 10% less. At $1,000.00 per package, you'd think that they wouldn't be so stingy.

Also, the packages used to be solid gold and now they're just gold plated.

At first I thought that my butler was trying to pull a fast one but it turns out that they really are putting less in the package and using gold plate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OMG!!! We have been wondering why our propane tanks DO NOT LAST!!! Where do you get them refilled? We have just been buying the ones at the convenience store.

Hardware stores and RV dealers are the most common places in my area. If you have to pick one up to swap out Sams has them for $15 vs the usual $20, at least where I am. They also have the cool 24hr credit card swap out stations like Home Depot has.

Receipts as long as my arm for a single freaking item.

My GOD, Home Despot. I bought A BOX OF SCREWS, and you just handed me War and Peace in all its 3-inch wide thermal printed glory.

Would everyone PLEASE stop killing trees, wasting ink, burning electricity, and wasting my time for the sole purpose of reminding me about your survey for the 8,498th time?

James... the struggle is real.
hahahaha, Crystal! :lol:

The sales receipt is getting insane! Yesterday at Homer's, not only did they let me email... they handed me a paper copy! WHY?!
If you happen to still have a KMart around ya then you'll know what I'm talking about: When you check out not only do you get the 1000 yard long receipt but they keep giving you these little pieces! No wonder they're going out of business, they can't afford all that paper!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.