Thread of Disgust.

Oh I miss the days that the dishwasher made a lot of noise, ONLY ran about an hour, it smelled fresh when opening the door and DRY (without liquid carcinogen) *SIGH*

No-one told me about this until I had a silent dishwasher (ahem, the appliance type) installed in the kitchen. It runs for 2 hours and 20 minutes and leaves everything wet unless it has drying agent. I didn't know it was a carcinogen though! :shock:

Speaking of dishwashers, do they actually make a dishwasher that cleans? My experience is that they turn dirty dishes into hot dirty dishes, unless you hand wash them first.

It reminds of when I was a child and we had to clean the house before the cleaning person came

Reese's Peanut butter cup. Anyone else notice how tiny they are now?

And Roller yes keep preaching about recycling, esp. aluminum. Being a canmaker by trade, I can tell you that aluminum is infinity recyclable and has a value to whomever possesses it through each stage of it's life. Unlike plastic which is just clogging up the environment. We really should put water in aluminum cans.

Water in aluminum cans...what a great idea! Why isn't that happening?

Actually it is happening, just not commercially. Budweiser, Miller/Coors and I think, Sierra Nevada Brewery does water in cans to donate for disaster areas. Walmarts around here used to have a vending machine out front that sold water in cans. 50¢ for a 12oz. I always thought it tasted better than the plastic bottles but I haven't seen that in years. Maybe not enough consumer demand?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Reese's Peanut butter cup. Anyone else notice how tiny they are now?

And Roller yes keep preaching about recycling, esp. aluminum. Being a canmaker by trade, I can tell you that aluminum is infinity recyclable and has a value to whomever possesses it through each stage of it's life. Unlike plastic which is just clogging up the environment. We really should put water in aluminum cans.

Try the big cups filled with Reese's pieces. Heaven!

Yes...Reese's are smaller...yet the package looks the same. Do they really save that much? If you ask...they will tell you that their consumers want smaller sizes. W/E!!!

Water in aluminum cans...what a great idea! Why isn't that happening?

Because if you don't recycle, that's a whole lot of extra energy wasted to make the container. Plastic is dirt cheap, and we don't care about anything except cost apparently. We need to make drastic changes. The dirty jobs San Francisco garbage dept edition ruined me even further. They have the Depot set up to recycle EVERYTHING! Why can't every city/town do that?

The size game doesn't mess me up since I look at unit costs. I'm disgusted it does fool people. Borderline cheating. Chips, huge bag 80% air. Protein powder canister 70% full.

What burns me is that the friggin stores don't use consistent unit costs across items.
For example, bottled water. Item A @ $.0065 / oz or item B at $.016 / ea or item c @ $1.74/dzn
What!
Now I gotta do the math on the whole case, and figure it out across 3 brands.
Water is the most consistent but there are many others when packaged together as such.

Also, I don't store my trash. I throw it away. So no recycling unless I'm already outside. That said the acid and chlorine bottles do get recycled since I'm outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, let's complicate it because one pack will be 24 count and another 32.

Protein powder canister 70% full.
agreed, i know it settles, but the canister only needs to be big enough for the least dense fill possible - and there is no way that's 30%+ using a slight vibration.
What burns me is that the friggin stores don't use consistent unit costs across items.
agreed - even at the wholesale clubs, bulk food marts, and premium healthy stores they are varied . . . and why?

Shredded cheese packages got smaller. Same amount and good for them! No need for all that extra packaging!! I can think of a few things that you open up and it's all packaging. My beef is that shredded cheese contains sawdust. Yes, cellulose. Same THING. Yes, it sucks when you find that out... and it is so hard to clean that cheese grater. But it is wood. It is not just cheese and that would be fine, but there are different regulations at different countries. Such as, Tropicana orange juice is from South America where there are few regulations on pesticides and a lot of the pesticides they use are not allowed to be used in the US! Only a tiny, minute portion gets tested by the FDA, if AT ALL. (Drink Florida's Natural!)

The Cabot brand block cheese from Sam's shreds easily on a cheap cheese shredder and tastes phenomenal to our families. Just don't put the cheese grater in the dishwasher - use a soft bristled brush to get it nice and clean without putting fingers in jeopardy, rinse, towel dry, and store. I was a die hard Kraft sharp cheddar 2lb fine shred patron from sams, but the cabot grated/shredded on demand just tastes way better. Maybe it is cellulose or potato starch, what do I know. But this Cabot tastes really good in everything and on crackers.

I don't know if I've ever seen cellulose on cheese, but I have seen potato starch. I'll have to check the stuff we've been getting from Sams.
Kraft or other supermarket brands of shredded cheese. They have the FDA allowed sawdust, oh so sorry... cellulose. :D

(I THOUGHT EVERYONE KNEW?!?! Especially feeding small children!!!!) Nevermind, I'm being an Armchair Quarterback. Sorry!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.