This one is for me....

That's a beauty! Can't wait to see it dry and prettied up.

But isn't that wood framed kitchen a fire hazard? Oh, you should be able to handle that. ;)

But isn't that wood framed kitchen a fire hazard? Oh, you should be able to handle that. ;)

It’s CA dude .... building code regulations will require the installation of a high-pressure Halon fire suppression system with a remote switch set 10ft away and proper placards every 2ft describing what to do in an emergency. Oh, and a Prop 65 warning written on everything because all of those upgrade will cause cancer .... I hear Gov Newsom is considering a 24/7 sky-writing Air Force so that Prop 65 warnings can be visibly seen in the sky from any location since breathing air can cause cancer too....

There's a few inches clearance from the BBQ so the only thing that will get close to the heat is concrete
Are you doing stucco or stone facade on the wood frame? I think a stacked-stone facade would look nice.

It'll be brick like the pillars on the patio

It’s CA dude .... building code regulations will require the installation of a high-pressure Halon fire suppression system with a remote switch set 10ft away and proper placards every 2ft describing what to do in an emergency. Oh, and a Prop 65 warning written on everything because all of those upgrade will cause cancer .... I hear Gov Newsom is considering a 24/7 sky-writing Air Force so that Prop 65 warnings can be visibly seen in the sky from any location since breathing air can cause cancer too....

This is no joke. In reality I probably wouldn't be able to have this in the location it is in had I permitted it. The permit would have cost more than the entire build so I don't see any reason to do it correctly :ROFLMAO:

Annnnnnnd how many times did you impale your hand with the sharp ends of the steel mesh lathe? Do you keep a few units of blood at the house with an IV kit or do you just opt to replenish your volume loss with a few bottles of whiskey?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'l use up the brick I have tomorrow and order the rest
B you KNOW it will never match!! Why don't you wait on doing anything with the brick so you can mix up the new with the old so it looks like you meant to not match???

nothing caught on fire - yet.
LOL I wonder if you know anyone that can do anything WHEN it does:roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

Brian are you going to do a backsplash behind the grill? It looks like your wall is close to the vent on the grill, and I suspect that wall will get yucky real quick.

I hadn't planned on it. I'l just re-stucco the wall on a monthly basis?
B you KNOW it will never match!! Why don't you wait on doing anything with the brick so you can mix up the new with the old so it looks like you meant to not match???

Kim:kim:

Because I'm impatient...

It'll match. I'l do a grout wash to blend it

Install an industrial grade exhaust vent. I think a good 2HP, 5000CFM updraft exhaust fan with a nice stainless steel vent enclosure above the grill will do the trick .... when you’re cooking up some smokey treats you can blast that exhaust over into a nearby HOA .... in the next county!

• Love
Reactions: bdavis466

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.