This one is for me....

I go inside and use a stud finder then take a measurement to reference outside. When I can't I make a best guess and just drill until I hit something. Once I find a stud most are 16" from there.

It's not fun and it's my least favorite part of the build but it's a lot better than breaking out stucco.

Yep, that’s what I did...and used a water level to transfer the height from the outside to the inside. I used little nails to exactly mark the stud edges, then drilled a small hole from the inside to the outside. That way I knew I was in the center of the stud.. PITA

Man I'm happy with a ceramic smoker. Im not sure what I would buy in todays market BGE/Kamodo/Vision. I don't like ceramic cookers for Brisket sorry a Texas indirect Klose type are the only way. However, do to 3 person family we find the charcoal ceramic the way to go. Were not in a rush in Texas. I do not own a gas grill, but I do have 5 beer fridges :)

Man I'm happy with a ceramic smoker. Im not sure what I would buy in todays market BGE/Kamodo/Vision. I don't like ceramic cookers for Brisket sorry a Texas indirect Klose type are the only way. However, do to 3 person family we find the charcoal ceramic the way to go. Were not in a rush in Texas. I do not own a gas grill, but I do have 5 beer fridges :)
5 Fridges!?!?

Had a couple free hours today so I got the ceiling joists and sheeting up on the half of the patio that isn't waiting for trusses?

As for the inside.... the wrong flooring showed up again?

Carpet is starting to sound really nice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m sorry Brian, but I’m going to have to throw a flag on the play. Are those ladders OSHA approved for the site? Are all workers OSHA 10 (at least) approved on this job site? I’m going to need to see everyone that’s on this site, work credentials.
Please have everything on my desk by 7am, or I’m going to have to have the job site down.

I’m sorry Brian, but I’m going to have to throw a flag on the play. Are those ladders OSHA approved for the site? Are all workers OSHA 10 (at least) approved on this job site? I’m going to need to see everyone that’s on this site, work credentials.
Please have everything on my desk by 7am, or I’m going to have to have the job site down.
C'mon over.... I'll be waiting?

I have a BGE and a standard gas grill built-in. While the BGE is not the best at everything, the versatility works well for us. And the gas grill is nice for quick weeknight meals, or when we have a lot of people over and I need more grill real estate. I'm fine with the appearance of the BGE "built-in" though yes, it is clear it wasn't really designed for that.

Reactions: bdavis466

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.