This one is for me....

:shock: Glad I am not the one having to dig those holes!! How do you get them so square down all the way down? How are you even getting them that deep? Guessing it is not a normal shovel!

SO glad you got the permit! You need to frame that bad boy!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: mojo1980

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The real question here is..... Did Brian see his shadow when he came out of his burrow? :scratch:

No shadow here... that smile is because I haven't hit any plumbing.......yet.

That's a huge relief because I have finished the two holes that were most likely to have plumbing in the way.

I have one left to dig but unfortunately it will require the most demolition.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Reactions: kimmielea
It was the WRONG stuff??? :poop: Bet there were MANY adult words said and phone calls made! Then some concrete busted up!

How soon before the RIGHT stuff shows up??

Kim:kim:

They aren't sending anything else. Apparently they didn't have what I ordered so they just sent something?
Way late to your thread. Good stuff! Our Florida house is also supposed to turnkey for us. I'm skeert!

???

The post will be right against that sidewall so there should still be enough room for the stairs. I had to make the opening so big so I could get in there and have room to work. Even still I look like I got in a fight with one of Kim's cats.... scratches everywhere

I haven't decided yet but I'll probably wrap that post look like a boulder is holding up that side of the patio. It's kind of hard to picture now.

I ordered the structural steel for the posts. I was asked why I was trying to avoid using steel:

4 steel posts-$1100
4 column caps- $1000
Certified welder-$450
Deputy Inspection $280
Footing Rebar-$350
Total-$3200 or $800 per post

Each footing should take a half yard of concrete

Reactions: Arizonarob

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.