This one is for me....

Oh no you did not!!! She is going to kill you! You were told by TWO females not to do it!!! This female told you to do it so that does balance it out some but you have to live with one of them :shock: you are in for it now!

That does really open up that area. I like it! How does it look from the door and other room?

Kim:kim: (hoping B is still alive after wife sees what he has done now :roll: LOL)

Please, wife knows how to work it. She was a fan of it all along -- just knows how to get what she wants! We're just pawns in their game...

Reactions: bdavis466
Do you have a "snow blower" for the texture or do you do it by hand? I did our pool house by hand. I did not set out to do it by hand but I did test spots with the blower and by hand. We liked the hand texture better so..............750 sq ft by hand it was :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

Last edited:
That foam stuff is so neat!

I hear ya on the hours of prep to do something, to have the job only take a tiny bit of time :roll: BUT it has to be done.

Does the family help you at all? I am happy to say my husband does not LOL as he does not like to do it so................does a poor job of it if he feels as if he needs to help. We just have an agreement that I will ask him if I need help doing something :roll:

That foam stuff is so neat!

I hear ya on the hours of prep to do something, to have the job only take a tiny bit of time :roll: BUT it has to be done.

Does the family help you at all? I am happy to say my husband does not LOL as he does not like to do it so................does a poor job of it if he feels as if he needs to help. We just have an agreement that I will ask him if I need help doing something :roll:

Pretty much everything is solo since the kids keep her busy. She is awesome at staying on top of the dust though!?

Here's some better shots

Reactions: kimmielea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like to work alone when details matter. When it’s a bull work day I like being with others for the laughs. Lol

I’m ne of those want my cake and eat it too. Don’t bother me when it’s serious time but if I don’t have much going on, sure I’ll derail u from ur days work while I screw around.

Brian. Looks sweet man. Love the dark floors with those white walls. When is the carpet going?

I like to work alone when details matter. When it’s a bull work day I like being with others for the laughs. Lol

I’m ne of those want my cake and eat it too. Don’t bother me when it’s serious time but if I don’t have much going on, sure I’ll derail u from ur days work while I screw around.

Brian. Looks sweet man. Love the dark floors with those white walls. When is the carpet going?

The carpet will be the last to go...thats my drop cloth!
How do the faux beams stay fixed to ceiling? Is it just adhesive?

Its a spray foam adhesive. The stuff is insane how strong it holds. I glued two pieces of foam together and after 10 mins I couldn't get them apart even after jumping and smashing it :oops:. The wife was skeptical but not after that...

One of the reasons I went with foam instead of real timber beams is that the ceiling joists run parallel to would be beams and securing them has always been an issue. I did something similar in my last house and they were ridiculously heavy. The other issue with wood is how much expansion and contraction it goes through as temperature changes. I had issues with the drywall cracking around the beams.

Good question Matt!

Also what will you replace that carpet with?

Kim:kim:

That's the wife's department. If I can find the wood flooring then I may just continue it. If not then some type of "nicer" carpet.

Have a link to those faux beams?
I do some live edge wood work myself.

Thanks,
John

I am making these beams myself so what you are seeing now is Styrofoam with a basecoat of cement adhesive on it. I'll coat them with cement and then carve it to look like distressed wood. They'll get painted after that.

Here's an example of what they'll look like. This is carved and painted concrete:

If you're looking to purchase faux beams I would go with California Faux Beams. They have the most realistic beams I've seen.

Fypon also makes faux beams (EL&EL Wood Products) - Polyurethane Faux Beams | Fypon, LLC | Fypon, LLC. These should be able to be ordered from any lumber/wood product supplier. I believe they are $50-75 per foot.

Reactions: Don_TLR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.