This method just isn't working for me...what am I doing wrong?

I'm gonna throw this out there, because I believe it is the culprit in my pool. Have you deep-cleaned your filter? Is it possible, the algae is in your filter, and is going back into your pool with the filtered water?

when you're burning chlorine faster than usual is it on full sunny clear sky days? How many hours a day is the pool exposed to sunlight?

If it does go MUCH faster on sunny days your CYA might actually be less than you think.

gojng from 8ppm in the morning to 5ppm in the evening doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, if it's a nice sunny day.

Why are you testing twice daily? I do it once a day (sometimes skipping a day) but then, I do have a SWG so I don't worry about dipping too much in a day.

It's not the size of the dot, it's what you do with it... ?

As long as you can see it clearly, the objective is to determine at what point it becomes obscured by the milky water. The size shouldn't make all that much difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.