Think i may need help soon!

I only bought one gallon of liquid conditioner and I was thinking but that was a hundred and sixty four ounces for some reason but it's only a hundred and twenty eight... will I be okay if I get more tomorrow and work with what I have for tonight?

Yes! That will get you to 30 CYA. When you add chlorine, go to 12ppm instead of 16. No worries!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and test your TA. That way your next pH adjustment will be more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. Your TA is 210. Did you put that in the now and goal in PoolMath? I will go check those in case Needsajet didn't catch it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. For a TA of 210 I got 22oz MA. Not sure if you did the chlorine already...

I added the muriatic acid in the amount indicated and it brought my PH down to exactly 7.5. This is like freaking Magic... I just did a complete reading of chlorine cya pH and ta and entered all of those numbers into the pool math calculator and here is what it came back with

Fc 1 - 12 - add 160 oz 10% liq chlorine
Ph 7.5 - 7.5 - nothing recommended
Ta - 230 - 100 - it did not say to add anything
Cya 0 - 30 - add 118 oz stablizer

- - - Updated - - -

And I need to fix my signature as soon as I get on my laptop to put the correct gallons in it

I think I'm getting ready to get rain and lightning so I'm going to go ahead with the chlorine and cya as noted above and pray that I'm doing it right... I will touch base with everyone tomorrow as soon as I can get some readings and let you know where things stand

You mentioned you had some powdered stabilizer on hand? You can add small amounts of that to a pail and leave it to dissolve without using the sock method. If avoiding the cost of another jug of liquid stabilizer sounds good, this might be an option for you. CYA is very safe. You'll be swimming in it :)

The only caution on CYA is found in it's MSDS and that is a rare sensitivity to the pure powder on skin. So you can wear household rubber gloves to avoid any chance of that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Power is going off and on right now... the last report I saw said that the tornado prone area of the storm was weakening so maybe we'll be okay. I just want it to get past so I can get my readings on my pool and make sure I've got my numbers in a situation where they'll be okay till I can get home tomorrow. I will be taking off at 11 a.m. and should be home around 2 o'clock I'm guessing and will be on vacation for a week at that point!

With that water at 80 degrees, and if you can see the bottom and have 0 CC, you can skip the 2nd day at 16 I think. Especially if FC is the same number in the morning. The pool looked pretty clean. That way you can jump in without a 2nd thought!

I have not been able to get a good set of numbers (weather hit the fan right aftwr last post) since I put in my stabilizer in my chlorine so I'm not sure where FC and my cya are sitting at now. I won't be home until around 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon to run more tests so unless the weather takes a relaxing moment for me tonight I'm probably stuck till tomorrow before I can get an idea of where I'm at on things

- - - Updated - - -

No tornados so far though. :)

No sweat. Sleep :) The pool will be fine. If you have time in the morning, check it and someone will be here to bounce your plan off. If you don't have time, it will also be fine. The FC is high and won't all burn off tomorrow, so all good.

I have gone through my kit and made sure everything was there but I seem to have one bottle of product that I don't have a job for it's in a clear bottle with a white lid and is labeled r - 7065 and it says cyanuric acid standard... when I read all of my instructions none of them include this particular item so I will go watch a few videos and see if I can figure out its job. :)

Hmmmm. That is curious. To go from 7.8 to 7.5, 11oz would be right for a TA of 100; 22oz for a TA of 210 which is what you tested.

I don't mean to alarm you... It is just curious. We can deal with that later. TA is the least of your worries now. You can just retest pH and TA after your mini-slam. Don't test them now as they will be skewed with your high FC.

Again, stay safe!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry about the 7065 now. It's just an aid to help you with the CYA test if you are having trouble gauging the test and when that black dot disappears.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.