Think i may need help soon!

Just a heads-up... depending on the kit you bought, you probably don't have a whole lot of CYA tests. From PoolMath, you will know exactly how much CYA you have in the pool, so you can use the calculated number for your starting out number if you want to, which saves one test worth of reagents. It's the trickiest test too, so you can do that in a week or two when you're comfortable with everything else.

Did you measure the pool diameter and normal water depth? If so, there's a calculator at the bottom of PoolMath that will give us the correct number. I remember you had some doubt about it.

I will get a measurement of deprh tonight 9nce full and make sure i have the right numbers in place 100% before i proceed :) I assume they don't have a lot of cya test in the kit because you really don't lose cya much once it's in the water?

I got the tf-100 kit

Yes that's right. You got this!

It's also because it takes more reagent for that test. I've noticed a lot of people here get frustrated because they test it often at first and run out. It's understandable that they want to know, because it's a very important number. We'll definitely double-check it fairly soon, but you'll have plenty else to test and adjust for a week or so. The reason I mention it is because it's a very simple one to calculate and we're starting fresh, so it's very unlikely to be wrong.

Great advice and reaffirms my confidence that i am truly understanding and comprehending all of this and not just parroting back what you guys are saying to me to sound like i have a clue! :) both times I have filled my pool before now I had no idea that I even needed to raise these levels and do all of this so I have total faith that this is going to be wonderful and super fun because I like playing with the chemistry set!

And I just got an email saying that even though it's normally not a returnable item I am going to be able to return the 50 pound bucket of 3 inch pucks and get a refund for whatever I haven't used so I won't be out that $100... I kind of feel like things are swinging my way right now finally. I made a little stop at the pool store today and forced the manager to listen to me slowly tell my story for 20 minutes and then told him to cram it when he offered me a $20 store credit since I won't be in there to use it ever again! Man, that was soooo priceless and felt fantastic :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok...i measured my water depth and input for an actual volume...4 ftx22ft round=11400 gal

then tested chlorine and ph...here are my numbers

FC 1 - 16 - add 219 oz 10% liquid chlorine
PH 7.8 - 7.5 - add 11 oz muriaric acid (15 min after chlorine)
CYA assume 0 - 40 - add 61 oz stabilizer

does that sound right and an i missing anything?

what I want you to do first is the PH/MA just like you plan. Put the MA in and let the pump run for about 30 mins to mix it up good. After about 10 mins you can get in and brush the water to help mix it even better. THEN test again to see if you met your target. That will tell you just how close you are on size. IF you are close then do the rest.!

Kim:cat:

water depth should be to a point half way up the throat of the skimmer

- - - Updated - - -

liquid stabilizer is higher than that. there's two lines in PoolMath - one for powder and one for liquid

Good catch...let me check that again! I don't have skimmers I just have in and out Jets and they are both fully covered and the pools full... I can't post any pictures because apparently I overshot my quota... is there a way to go back and delete the pictures I posted so that I can post more?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah it looks like I need a 158 ounces of stabilizer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.