Think I blew it!

May 22, 2017
Midland Michigan
Hi,
I asked my son to empty the hot tub after having many boys in it and leaving it filthy, HOWEVER, I forgot to tell him to switch the breaker off before emptying it!!! Now it doesn't turn on. I know that is a serious mistake and my husband is furious! Exactly how much damage may have occurred and is there anything I can do before calling an electrician or spa professional?
Thanks for any help.
Maria

I don't know enough about the particular models but I would imagine that the hot tub water pump and heater has internal fuses and thermal protection switches that trip if/when the hot tub is turned on without water in it. If anyone there is handy and willing to look behind the service panels of the tub, there is likely a fuse somewhere or an internal breaker that is tripped and just needs to be reset.

I'm a tinkerer. So I would be the type of person to open up any and all access panels and look around with a flashlight. I can't imagine they do not have some form of internal fuses or breakers to protect the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.