Intellicenter + Intelliflo3. Everything works, but I don't believe it's wired correctly

Hard to tell which relay they wired as the Pump/Filter relay. But the SWCG transformer should be wired to its Load side. The diagram on the door is what should be followed.
I have that relay marked in the photo in the first post. It's the furthest left relay on the bottom row.

The SWG is wired to terminals #2 and #4, which are actually wired to the breaker. On that relay, the load is on terminals #1 and #3. Strange I know.

Reactions: mknauss
Dan,

As much as I hate to see panels wired in the wrong sequence, I would just leave everything the way it is...

I'd turn on all the lights and push the test button on the GFCI and make sure all the lights go off.

I'd replace the pump breakers with a GFCI breakers..

Then I'd call it a day.

Just keep things in mind later on down the road, if you have to have someone else come work on your automation, so you can explain to them what an idiot your electrician is... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

The SWG is wired to terminals #2 and #4, which are actually wired to the breaker. On that relay, the load is on terminals #1 and #3. Strange I know.
What do the items on the load side go to? With the swg wired this way it has constant power so it is NOT being shutoff when the pump is off. I think this one should be corrected

What do the items on the load side go to? With the swg wired this way it has constant power so it is NOT being shutoff when the pump is off. I think this one should be corrected
@Ahultin

The I agree the relay is wired backwards, but it will still work just find. The AC power is coming in on the load side and going out on the line side. It is just switch and it does not make any difference to the SWCG.

Thanks,

Jim R.

@Ahultin

The I agree the relay is wired backwards, but it will still work just find. The AC power is coming in on the load side and going out on the line side. It is just switch and it does not make any difference to the SWCG.

Thanks,

Jim R.
@Jimrahbe unless I am reading it wrong @dandannoodles is saying the swg and the breaker are wired to the load side of the relay so the swg is not switched by the relay, it has constant hot

@Ahultin

Sorry, Looking at all the red wires has me really confused. :mrgreen:

@dandannoodles

What really matters here is that the Pump/Filter relay only allows AC power to the SWCG transformer when the Pump/Filter relay is closed. If the wires from the transformer are connected directly to the power from the breaker, your cell will always have AC power, which is wrong!!!

Please make sure that the SWCG transformer is only getting power when the Pump/Filter relay is closed.

I'll let you sort through the red wires and figure is out for sure. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

• Haha
Reactions: Ahultin
@Jimrahbe unless I am reading it wrong @dandannoodles is saying the swg and the breaker are wired to the load side of the relay so the swg is not switched by the relay, it has constant hot
Here is that particular relay. The SWG is wired to terminals #1 and #3, these would normally be LINE but in this case, these are load since the breaker is wired to terminals #2 and #4. The SWG does not receive constant hot.

Attachments

• PXL_20230704_005608646.jpg
    PXL_20230704_005608646.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 1
@Ahultin

Thanks,

Jim R.
This is correct, to the best of my knowledge.

Quick diagram attached. DTC means down to conduit. The red wires coming out of terminals #2 and #4, that are wired to the breaker the electrician marked with blue tape, I guess to indicate hot, and I would guess they go down to my Intelliflo.

The two red wires coming out of #1 and #3 also go down to conduit and are marked with yellow tape. Don't know where they go. Something else that turns on when the main filter relay is switched I guess.

The SWG is also wired to #1 and #3 to presumably power on the SWG when the relay is switched.

Attachments

• PXL_20230704_233021392.jpg
    PXL_20230704_233021392.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dan,

I say fire it up..

Makes sure the SWCG turns off in the Service mode.

Makes sure the lights go off when you trip the GFCI outlet.

Replace the Pump's breakers with GFCI breakers, when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Jim R.

All checks out... SWG turns on in pool mode, turns off in service mode. Current adding salt to my pool, with the Intellichlor set to 0%. Will start it at 50% tomorrow once all the salt dissolves!

Also checked the GFCI, which turned off all my pool lights when I tested it.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Another update: last night after adding salt the "LOW SALT" indicator on the SWG was on (no surprise, since I only added salt a few hours before) and my Intellicenter told me I was at 2200 PPM. This morning I went to go take a look and the reading was 3900 PPM. I didn't get a chance to do a proper test, which will be my next step.

As a starting point, I set my pump to 1800rpm for 12 hours (was previously running it only 8) and the SWG to 50%. No idea how much chlorine that will generate, but I'll just dial it in over the next few weeks.

It's going to be GREAT not adding chlorine ever 3 days!!!

Thanks everyone for your help! Especially on the 4th of July! Hope everyone had a great Independence Day.

I am guessing I missed a calculator or an app or something somewhere?
PoolMath
Effects of Adding

You have to determine FC loss each day by testing.
Depending were in S Cal you are, your FC loss could be anywhere from around 2 ppm per day (coast) to 4 ppm per day (inland empire).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.