There's no way this is going to work, right? (Pump motor replacement)

Both motors have a way to switch between 115volts and 230volts. Make sure that it is in the 230volt position. It should be hooked up to one 2P breaker. It would appear to be two but the handles should be tied together so that both move at the same time when turning it on or off. This would be referred to as a 2 pole breaker.

I went through a similar issue, with a new 2 speed motor but the switch was clearly defective (would not run on low speed and blew perfectly good run capacitors).

At this point I advise an entire replacement unit from Inyo. There may be other issues from what happened. I'm surprised to hear they didn't respond yet. Also, those start capacitors can be found at any local hardware store, if time is of the essence.

I was prepared to fix mine, myself too, but why not replace with a brand new one, you know won't have any further problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.