The waiting is the hardest part...

Apologies to Tom Petty (RIP)
We signed a contract back in April. Called last week and they said probably July. Fortunately we live in an area that is warm through October.

Not even starting until July? Wow, that is a crazy long wait. We signed our contract on 4/23/18 and the dig started on 5/17/18. Our longest wait so far has been after gunite we went 7 days without any work. Now our tile and coping is done, with electrical and decking hopefully this week. The plaster the following week, although I'm hearing plaster crews are running behind at the moment. I'm hoping we're in the pool by the 4th of July.

It amazes me the difference in pool build times. We signed contract Dec 5. Dig started Feb 1. Water in May 11. After much messing around our pool is functioning well and usable. Still a few small jobs outstanding. Though if you asked my kids the installation of the slide is not a small job!

Yes! It is! We put our deposit down in April just to get our name on the schedule...for Aug 15th! When I had called 2wks before that, they were booking mid July. The pool builders here book months to a year out b/c they are so busy. We signed our contract in May. So, long story short...we took the 3 youngest kids to walmart and bought a $20 pool to tide them over. The 6yo has been in it non-stop, and she loves it!

Wow some long wait time here. I'm currently waiting on the city permits. sent paperwork to electric company took 10days. Then sent to HOA took 7days. Now at the city been 26days. Should he back any day now. Was told once permits are back PB will schedule the kickoff meeting for the following week. Not sure when the dig will actually start, im thinking within a week of the kick off meeting. PB says 8 to 12 weeks total build time.

Wow some long wait time here. I'm currently waiting on the city permits. sent paperwork to electric company took 10days. Then sent to HOA took 7days. Now at the city been 26days. Should he back any day now. Was told once permits are back PB will schedule the kickoff meeting for the following week. Not sure when the dig will actually start, im thinking within a week of the kick off meeting. PB says 8 to 12 weeks total build time.

We were told 10-12 weeks. They did have water in the pool by about 13.5 weeks but still not finished all the contracted work about 4.5 months after the dig started.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.