The unpoolstorification - fixing levels, etc

FlaPoolGuy

Oct 5, 2019
Florida
My next project in the meantime is fixing the suction side leak. I read the tfp instructions, and once again it worked like a charm. I did not feel like carrying a bucket to my pump so I turned on the hose and pointed it at the pump basket lid. After running water over it for a few minutes, the water level in the basket rose, then was just a bunch of bubbles, then was just a few small bubbles.

I tried some silicone lubricant (spray kind) which did not help. I've subsequently gone back to Local Pool Store and purchased a higher viscosity (more like grease paste) silicone lubricant. If that doesn't seal the gasket, the next step would be gasket replacement. THEN I'm done fixing the pool for awhile!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is some yucky, sticky stuff to work with! I have to make sure to wear my "dirty" clothes as I always forget to bring a towel to wipe my fingers on and end up wiping it off on my pants :roll: LOL

Look at how wonderfully far you have come with this pool! I am SO glad TFP has been able to help you get this far!!! :hug:

Kim:kim: