THE paste stuck in filter basket

TFE PASTE!
The details. I have a Polaris 8?? Robotic pool vacume. Works awsome. I improperly used tfe paste, putting the paste on the male and female threads. And in turn, when I assembled the joints, it pushed the paste into the inside of the water system. I turned the pump on. Later in the day, I ran my pool vacume, thinking nothing of the circumstances, being the little bits of tfe paste in the pool.

I pulled out the robot, and open the filter and immediately realized what happened. Some of the paste was loose in the basket, and rinsed out with soapy water. Some of the paste is stuck in the mesh of the filter.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

What I have tried.
I have tried several store bought cleaner style degreaser. Hot water did not help, for the tfe has a pretty good heat resistance. I don't know where to start with chemical solubility. Especially one like acetone, which would probably dissolve the glue dots that secure the mesh in the plastic frame. I read a suggestion some where about rubbing alcohol, which did not dissolve or help in cleaning. If I had to guess. I would say about 15% of the filter area is blocked.

Goo gone??? acetone in a bowl and use a tooth brush to dip in and help control where it goes instead of just the whole thing in the acetone?

sitting in a solution of Dawn overnight?

Just throwing ideas out there to see what "unsticks" the stuff.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.