The opening

Day one of open. Cleaned out as my leaves as I could I’m sure there is more in the bottom but can see them [emoji22]. Cya is close to 8 might be 7 but just stared the slam. Will test every hr till tonight then I’ll have to back off tomorrow for work. Also ph was 7.5. Added 5 gals of liquid bleach.
cf6a6da1252dff0a29917b39a47906d5.jpg
7e43273ad67126bf5bc83fe6271f3b53.jpg

Cal,

Just asking because I'm curious... We don't close pools where I live, so I have zero experience in that area...

Is this opening different from your normal opening? Is this something that you have to do each year, or did something happen?

Thanks,

Jim R.

TF-100 is the kit
I did not get it covered or closed right. Had problems.
CYA was between 7&8 so 7.5 but I used 8 on the calculator.
No this is really early on pool opening but the heat was making the green pool lol. So I started early an will keep it up from here out.

It is impossible to measure your CYA below 30 ppm with a TF100. How did you get a CYA of 7 or 8????

OK - that is significant!

Pretty rough to do a SLAM with that high of CYA. Are you sure you are not able to drain at least a third of your water first?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can u test cya when slamming?
An the pump should be running on high at night or can I run slower
Sure. But other factors still apply: good sunny day for visibility, chilly water needs to be brought indoors first to warm up, etc. As for the pump, it doesn't have to be on high, so a lower rpm is fine. Just continuously moving. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.