The County is forcing me to move my pool equipment..

todd.brock

Silver Supporter
Jan 18, 2018
Cincinnati/OH
Our pool was built in 2018 and was documented in a thread here. At the sales meeting we agreed on the pad being next to the shed. Fast forward 8 months to the dig and the foreman says it cant go by the shed, it needs to go by the edge of the pool deck. We agreed that it would go down by the fence. Not my first choice, but better than 3 ft away from the pool. A neighbor called the county to lodge a complaint about my fence. County had no problems with the fence but the pool equipment was placed in a drainage easement. It was noted on the permits, but overlooked during construction.

The PB is planning on moving the equipment in the next couple weeks . Is there anything I should be aware of, recommend, stay away from etc? The plan is to dig up pipes, extend the lines about 25 ft., have the electrician redo electrical, and redo the entire pad. I am just trying to see if I should do anything different. I know that the VS Omni only handles two Jandy valves, so Im thinking that there is a better way to plumb the shut offs. I will probably have them take out the Frog mineralizer thing too.

This is an aerial shot from my drone showing where the pipes originate.
IMG_2061.JPG
Close up of pad
.IMG_2117.jpg
Electric Service
IMG_2294.jpg
Full view of current state when I was sealing the concrete last year
IMG_6331.jpg
Plan is to move equipment to the left of the shed. That tree is likely coming down.
IMG_5076.JPGIMG_2061.JPGIMG_6331.jpgIMG_2117.jpgIMG_2294.jpgIMG_5076.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback so far. The pictures are actually thumbnails, so if you click on the pic, they should open up. The idea for the electric is that the sparky will extend the conduit and then run new lines. Oddly, the county didn’t have an issue with keeping the electrical in the easement. I don’t want a huge junction box over by the old panel. One issue will be the pool light and the the junction box. It may have to go up near the edge of the pool.

The pictures are actually thumbnails, so if you click on the pic, they should open up.

Only the first full pic of your pool opens up to a large pic. The other equipment pics open up to small versions.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Wow! Tough deal! I think all the items are covered in previous posts.. Only think I'd add is to make sure you can test the pipe from the extension point to the new pad. May be easier to do it all again. But you don't want to have a leak and hard to find after it's all filled in. Performance test the new wiring as well.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. But I guess sooner is better than later.

Chris

Hey Gang,

The work started today. They poured the slab and will be back tomorrow to trench and start moving lines. I took down the fence tonight that we put up less than 12 months ago.
I have a question- When the pool was built. the VS Omni setup would only control two valves. They set up the valves in a way that the two sets of deck jets are controlled by the automation. Should I have the automation close the jets off to the returns and divert to the deck jets? The deck jets could have ball valves to control the height, I know that Jandy valves are preferred, so now is the time to add them. The PB is very accommodating for what I want to have done. Here are some full sized pics. IMG_8599.jpgIMG_8600.jpgIMG_8604.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8605.jpg
    IMG_8605.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.