Thanks TFP!!!

Bo Hurley

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2022
Greenville SC
My pool had been an embarrassment since 2012, most of the time left neglected with pea soup water, breeding frogs and mosquitoes, in full view whenever I looked out my back windows or went out on my patio. Over the last 10 years, every time I tried to get the pool cleaned up, I spent a lot of money, time, and effort, only to fail again. I was even beginning to consider the bulldozer option. But about 3 weeks ago I discovered TPF and became a believer! How do you like my pool water now?! It required a Taylor 2006C test kit, about 200 pounds of calcium chloride, about 50 pounds of sodium bicarbonate, and about 17 pounds of cyanuric acid to get the water balanced before addition of sanitizer. At the initiation of my first SLAM, I added 22 gallons of 10% chlorine the first night, then about 10 more gallons over the next two evenings (no other chemicals), together with a lot of brushing and vacuuming and backwashing, but the results were WELL worth the time, effort, and $. Now about 1 gallon of 10% sodium hypochlorite each evening keeps the free chlorine up to spec and the water sparkling! I do the morning FC and pH checks, brush and vac once a week, and spend the rest of my pool time relaxing with friends and family! Thanks so, so much TPF! More particularly, thanks for Pool School, PoolMath, and a special thanks to all those who have helped me on the Forum!

Attachments

• 07-15-22 pool.jpg
    07-15-22 pool.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 07-15-22 pool pic 2.jpg
    07-15-22 pool pic 2.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 07-15-22 pool pic 3.jpg
    07-15-22 pool pic 3.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 23
full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.