TF-100 Test Kit

I just opened my TF 100 test kit (like a kid at xmas). I only took a quick look through the box but did not see any instructions. Is there anything on here that I could use as a resource for all the various tests?

first test out of the box and FC is 16. Does that seem right?
it took 32 drops of R 0871 to get the water clear.
I know I can pull up a thread that tells me what a good free chlorine reading is but I’m on my phone standing in my backyard right now.

It's high but should be no issue so long as you have a CYA in the SWG range. This time of year the SWG will keep overproducing each time the UV from the sun decreases with lower angle and shorter days. It's a great problem to have as you will not be going green.

Also its totally safe up to SLAM per the FC/CYA Levels, but its also a little bit off your cell life (literally like an hour) so catch it sooner than later.

Reactions: 6XSBChamps
It's high but should be no issue so long as you have a CYA in the SWG range. This time of year the SWG will keep overproducing each time the UV from the sun decreases with lower angle and shorter days. It's a great problem to have as you will not be going green.

Also its totally safe up to SLAM per the FC/CYA Levels, but its also a little bit off your cell life (literally like an hour) so catch it sooner than later.
Thanks. My CC was .5 and barely that, which is what I want?

Reactions: Newdude
Yes. The CC test may have some error or a bit of actual CCs that’s not from algae. .5 or less is good. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From OTO Chlorine Test - Trouble Free Pool
You can use this test to get a vague idea of extremely high TC levels. If the sample turns a particularly vivid yellow the TC level is between 5 and 15, light orange is between 10 and 20, dark orange is between 15 and 30, and brown is 30 or higher.

In your climate, that CYA is pretty low. You must be adding/generating a bunch of FC per day to get to 16 ppm as you are mostly likely consuming well over 5 ppm FC per day.

Raise your CYA to 70 ppm, if the pool is clear and no need to follow the SLAM Process. Target a FC of 7 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.