texas winter storm - broken pool equipments - water recovery

You cannot use flocc with a cartridge filter. You must be able to vacuum to waste. As far as chlorine goes, you should be able to find bleach or pool chlorine on-line and have it shipped to your home. If the cartridge in your filter is 20 years old you may want to replace it. Did you use phosphate remover at any point? That leaves a persistant yellow residue in some cases.

You cannot use flocc with a cartridge filter. You must be able to vacuum to waste. As far as chlorine goes, you should be able to find bleach or pool chlorine on-line and have it shipped to your home. If the cartridge in your filter is 20 years old you may want to replace it. Did you use phosphate remover at any point? That leaves a persistant yellow residue in some cases.
Haven't tried phosphate remover in over 5 years. So I don't think that is the problem. Also the yellow dust is in random areas. I sweep the floor and it clouds up and eventually settles down at the same spot and the chlorine doesn't do anything about it. It's still there the next day. :(

Been running the pump all day and still no difference in the cloudiness. Seems like I need to do something different. I did have a thick layer of sediments in the bottom throughout the floor last week when the pump was still broke. I guess thats still there and is what is clouding up the pool. How do I remove it? Can I just vaccuume it out or should I change the settings to drain/waste the water so it doesnt go through the filter?

Also do I need to adjust the TA/CH to fix this issue?

My pool floor looked like this video at 3:37
Cloudy Pool

I read there are no waste setting in Catridge filter. so what are my options?:(

Last edited:
Vacuum the debris and clean the filter when the filter pressure rises more than 10% from clean pressure. Debris that has settled on the floor of the pool will not get filtered out just by running the pump. You either must vacuum it up or brush the pool so the debris mixes with the water. Vacuuming the debris daily is much quicker than brushing the pool daily.

Still cloudy as of this morning. No difference from the last two days. Cleaned the filter last night and ran pump overnight. Filter pressure is normal this morning. Planning to shut off the pump all day, hoping the sediments will settle down by evening and vacuume the debris. Don't see the point in running pump anymore until its cleaned up.

I was gone for a week and the pool got greenish again. Got back up running the pump, poured 4 gallons of chlorine, now its back to bluish but cloudy as before. Tried vacuuming the pool, but I can't see the floor so I am not where I should be vacuuming.

Pool floc is not an option, how about pool clarifier? The filter pressure is not high after cleaning it this morning, ran the pump all day and it's still cloudy. So I am not sure how to go about with this cloudy situation.
I never had this problem before, this is way too cloudy for some reason.

Attachments

• pool1.JPG
    pool1.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pool2.JPG
    pool2.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
  • pool3.JPG
    pool3.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.