Texas pool design review

Dec 10, 2016
Austin, TX
So, I am building another pool. My last was perfectly rectangle with an automatic pool cover.

The new one will be an adventure into curves. There is a spa, three bubblers on the sun deck, two bubblers in scupper bowls, and plans for a rain curtain off of an adjacent arbor. Also, an in-pool table with umbrella sleeves.

The whole thing looks like a turtle to me.

Please provide any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks.

20c7b34e3d7864464481360581dc372d.jpg

9f9860eb5e879e71cc9c50d2fbd84954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Table - check
Spa - check
Sun deck - check
Fire pit - check
Scuppers - check
Wide open swim area in pool - check
Great amount of benches - check
Lots of access points - check
Ample deck space - check

We will also be looking for equipment specs to review for you - the above are key details but only half of the picture. Please provide model numbers for evaluation.

Great job so far.

Hard to tell from the pictures but if you intend the largest entry to be a Baja shelf for lounging make sure a couple of loungers will fit on it comfortably, you may have to extend it into the pool a bit more. If you get a built in sweep make sure it's hose barely reaches the back wall of the table area when fully extended, that way it's not allowed to wrap it's self around the table and get stuck for hours. Even though the table will be removable who wants to deal with that every time the cleaner runs. Better yet get a robot and you can choose where the cord originates from by where you place the cart. I like the idea of sleeves for the table, I would make sue there are at least 3, 2 might work but I would worry about how stable it will be a third should keep it from rocking back and forth.

Hard to tell from the pictures but if you intend the largest entry to be a Baja shelf for lounging make sure a couple of loungers will fit on it comfortably, you may have to extend it into the pool a bit more. If you get a built in sweep make sure it's hose barely reaches the back wall of the table area when fully extended, that way it's not allowed to wrap it's self around the table and get stuck for hours. Even though the table will be removable who wants to deal with that every time the cleaner runs. Better yet get a robot and you can choose where the cord originates from by where you place the cart. I like the idea of sleeves for the table, I would make sue there are at least 3, 2 might work but I would worry about how stable it will be a third should keep it from rocking back and forth.

Thanks for the feedback.

The shortest length on the shelf is over 6 feet. I will double check but I thought it was closer to 8x8 ish in shape.

The spa is 8' internal diameter for scale.

The table is concreted in and not removable. The sleeves are in the table top over the 2 concrete table legs and are for actually using them for umbrellas.

I plan on a robot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.