Testing chlorine 4 tests 4 different results

Fugazi

Apr 9, 2015
Saint Augustine Fl
I slammed my pool and my fC was at 16 this morning...

I tested it this afternoon again and I got the following number of drops
29/27/25/26

I made sure to have it directly upside down letting the 871 drop down but the various results

Is there a trick im missing

I don’t remember having this issue when it’s a non slammed level

Those results are within +/- 5% of the average; could easily be just a slight difference in water in the cylinder (0.5ml difference would do it) or in your perception of "clear". For this purpose that's plenty accurate; I wouldn't worry about it. You could use a larger 25ml sample (divide the drop count by 5 instead of 2) and should get more precise results, but it's not necessary.

Those results are within +/- 5% of the average; could easily be just a slight difference in water in the cylinder (0.5ml difference would do it) or in your perception of "clear". For this purpose that's plenty accurate; I wouldn't worry about it. You could use a larger 25ml sample (divide the drop count by 5 instead of 2) and should get more precise results, but it's not necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.