Tested water for first time today, chlorine test was basically clear and pH is low. Next steps?

A gallon per day in a 13kgal pool is a lot. Have you done an overnight chlorine loss test?
A gallon per day will raise a 13k pool up 4.7ppm of FC. A gallon per day of 10% gives 7.7 ppm of FC.

Maddie
Hmm, that is a good point. I've been doing something like 35-50 oz a day of (fresh) 12.5% on our 15k pool, so a gallon of 10% a day does seem like a bit much.

I am further north though, and my pool is in shade a couple hours before sundown, so that might be part of it.

OP, is there a date code on your chlorine bottles? Usually a 5 digit number, like so:
IMG_20200727_192955878.jpg

"20182” means it was bottled the 182nd day of 2020. Today is day 209, so this stuff is 27 days old.

Nevermind, I checked the OP's logs, they are adding a gallon every 2 days or so on average, that sounds about right.

Should have checked that before posting. :oops:

Reactions: MITBeta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.