test results and using the app

charlie00tj

Mar 16, 2022
Wilson, NC
I'm just making sure I'm doing this correctly.

I just tested all the chemicals and entered them in the app and it told me what to do.

test results:
Free Chlorine - 10
Total Chlorine - 10
-App says to let it get sun. Should I turn off my salt cell? It's currently at 50%
Ph 7.2
-app says to increase .4ppm
Total Alkalinity - 125
-app says I need to lower ph and aerate. what's a good way to aerate your pool?
Calcium hardness 250? Clear (it didn't change from red to blue it went from red to clear. It wasn't a RED as in previous tests was closer to pink to start with)
-app says to add calcium chloride
CYA 65
-app says add 1#, or 10oz of stabilizer
Salt 3400-3600 my salt tester reads 3370 and the pool intellicholr reads 3650

my hands feel very dry after being in the water to test the pool.

Am I doing this right?

Thank you!

I just tested all the chemicals and entered them in the app and it told me what to do.

Don't become a slave to the robot. The app tells you one thing to do, not always the best thing to do.

test results:
Free Chlorine - 10
Total Chlorine - 10
-App says to let it get sun. Should I turn off my salt cell? It's currently at 50%

What SWG do you have and how long is your pump run for?

What is your target FC that you want your FC to get to?

Ph 7.2
-app says to increase .4ppm

Just let your pH rise naturally which it will with your TA of 125.

Total Alkalinity - 125
-app says I need to lower ph and aerate. what's a good way to aerate your pool?

How do you measure TA of 125? Eacch drop is 10 ppm.

You can be patient and just lower your pH when it gets towards 8 and your TA will come down. Provided that you do not have high TA fill water.

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

Calcium hardness 250? Clear (it didn't change from red to blue it went from red to clear. It wasn't a RED as in previous tests was closer to pink to start with)
-app says to add calcium chloride

Fiberglass pools don't need CH.

CYA 65
-app says add 1#, or 10oz of stabilizer

CYA 70 is fine for a SWG. Why add CYA?

You can't measure CYA of 65. The lines are logarithmic, not linear and halfway between lines is not 5. That is why we round up. If the dot disappears between 70 and 60 we call it 70.

Salt 3400-3600 my salt tester reads 3370 and the pool intellicholr reads 3650

What salt tester do you use?

Salt measurements are +/- 500 ppm so none will agree.

Your salt is fine.

I was just doing what the app said for FC. I’ve had a solar cover on so I don’t think the chlorine has been able to “burn off”.

I have a pentair intellichlor that produces 0.7 lbs per day. I’ve had it set at 50% because that’s what the pool people left it at. It runs 24 hours/day.

Because my TA was reading high I did the test with 10ml and multiplied the drops by 25.

I don’t have “fill water” to test the pool was installed in October last year so this is my first season with the pool.

When I tested my CYA it was right in the middle of 60 and 70 do I put 65 in the app.

I this salt water tester:

eSeasonGear SALT-3050 Waterproof IP65 Meter, Digital Salinity PPM Temperature Tester for Salt Water Pool​

Is it safe to assume that the only “problem” I have have is high chlorine right now? The water is crystal clear.

I was just doing what the app said for FC. I’ve had a solar cover on so I don’t think the chlorine has been able to “burn off”.

Leave the cover off so the sun can do the work of lowering your FC.

Or just leave your FC where it is. FC of 10 is not "high" with CYA of 70. Any FC level up to 28 would be safe to swim in.

I have a pentair intellichlor that produces 0.7 lbs per day. I’ve had it set at 50% because that’s what the pool people left it at. It runs 24 hours/day.

You have an IC20 cell?

The IC20 running at 50% for 24 hours will generate 2.1 ppm of FC/day. With your cover off that will not be enough for a full day in the sun. And the most the cell can give you at 100% is 4.2 ppm/day.

With your cover I would reduce the cell to 10% which will give you 0.4 ppm/day until your FC drops to 6-7 then raise the % back up.

You will need to figure out what % keeps your FC stable with your pool cover.

I don’t have “fill water” to test

What water are you going to add to the pool when evaporation gets the water low? That is your "fill" water and will effect your pH and TA.

When I tested my CYA it was right in the middle of 60 and 70 do I put 65 in the app.

No, round up to 70.

I this salt water tester:

eSeasonGear SALT-3050 Waterproof IP65 Meter, Digital Salinity PPM Temperature Tester for Salt Water Pool​

Get the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test

The meter will drift out of calibration in time and lead you astray.

Is it safe to assume that the only “problem” I have have is high chlorine right now? The water is crystal clear.

You have no problems right now.

Just crank back your SWG % and let your FC drift down a bit naturally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.