Temperature Reading For Omni Logic

snipes00

Feb 10, 2020
Houston, TX
I got a saltwater pool/spa installed 3 years ago with all hayward components and omnilogic control system.

Since day 1 the temperature readout in the omni logic has been a little off and especially noticeable when using the spa.

It has gone from maybe 2-3 degrees off to now maybe 20 degrees off.

This is quite annoying when you get ready to jump in the spa and it is lava hot.

I believe there is a temperature sensor in the heater and another in the saltwater chlorinator.

I assume the temperature sensor is bad and was going to change it out, but not sure which one is in control for the heater.

Welcome to TFP.

There are temperature sensors in the heater and the SWG but they are not used by the OmniLogic to control the pool/spa heat.

See page 12 of the Installation Manual - https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/omnilogic-hlbase-install.pdf - the OmniLogic has it's own temperature sensor installed in a hole in your PVC pipes connected to SENS1 POOL.

The Onmilogic then cycles the heater as necessary through the remote thermostat control as shown on page 16.

Please create your signature so that we know the detail of your pool like what specific model heater you have.

I traced the sensor attached to SENS1 on the omni logic board and it is laying out the ground next to the pipe heading to the pool post heater.

I talked to hayward and they confirmed that the sensor needs to be installed into the pipe.

Apparently my pool installer messed up and never installed it and doesn't surprise me because my pool installer sucked royally at the end.

It has been 3 years since my pool was installed so extremely low chance I can get him to come fix this.

It looks like i just need to drill a 10mm hole for the sensor then clamp it down and maybe add some silicon for good measure.

Any reason why i should call out another pool guy or just do it myself.

If you are comfortable drilling the hole in the PVC pipe then just do it and clamp the probe in.

Install it before the heater input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.