Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Is that really you? Is that really your pool? If not, what gives?
Why did you pick the crazy pic you picked?
Do you plan on sticking with it? How often do you, or will you, change it up?
And if you don't have one yet, why not? What are you waiting for?!?

I'll go first, because I started this thread primarily so I could brag!! ;)

While in between dives in the Sea of Cortez, we happened upon a pod of Orcas. Everyone went crazy and jumped in to chase them around. Which only scattered them. I had a hunch I should wait, so I sat patiently on the dive step. Sure enough, one of the chasees circled around and headed back my way. I slipped in, chanting what someone had once told me "No Orca has ever attacked a human in the wild. No Orca has ever attacked a human in the wild. No Orca..."

She kept coming toward me, so I held my breath (literally and figuratively) and slipped under to get a better view. I had miscalculated. Just below her was her calf, and two more adults flanking the calf, providing protection, probably its aunt and uncle. So now I had four heading straight for me, three of which in full-on defense mode. Not having any experience with this particular situation, I just stayed still, to offer as little threat as possible. Just before they reached me, they all dove as one, and passed just a few feet below me. One of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. And what better to share with my fellow hydrophiles!

What's your story?

Reactions: mickey4paws
Just me. It was actually cropped from a picture while we were on Bora Bora. I know, no background so who cares, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Dirk
<--- Get's his super powers apparently from not caring about anything.

(Or at least that is one take on "One Punch Man", and the most popular one. He's also a superhero for "fun", not for any other reason.) I am far from it personally, but that is what I look up to. My oldest son is actually the Anime nut but this series really caught my attention, and the sarcasm and irony in it is classic, at least in season 1.

ONEPunchMan.jpg

Mine came from a search on the google machine... being a man and grew up being a cowboy I did my due diligence and searched for cowboy and this pick came up and I cropped it and did not think anything about it... Well it seems people think I am of female persuasion :)

I may or may not change it, I guess it depends on if people say I need to... what say you... :eek: (y)(n) :cheers: I may change it to a pic of my other obsession :)

rasty BBQ top down pic.jpg

Mine is my real feet & my real pool in the boonies lol.
My screen name is my email address & has been for over 20 years. Apparently because of my screen name some assume i am either a Male or a drag queen lol - both are inaccurate. Just a female former drag racer named Misty who likes dale Jr. & pools 🤣

My original avatar was one I used for a long time on another non-pool site. I thought it was very applicable here, and I was so excited to unveil it to TFPers. I was quickly reprimanded day 1 by the mods :(.

After that I switched to the slightly less offensive caddyshack avatar, which is the 2nd and 3rd pics below.

PeeInPool (2).jpg
turd-pool2.gifturd-pool1.gif

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine is the Coronavirus cell. I'll change it just before the upcoming election when a vaccine is available... :scratch:
Oh, I thought you were trying to cut down on pizza. I see it now! :p Shoot, now I want pizza.

Kenai is our German shorthair Pointer. Kenai means “Big bear”...got the name from the children’s movie “Brother Bear”. Kenai is here because I finally gave into years of the kids begging for a dog...and of course who gets to care for him?? Mom!! Moved to Ga last summer and bought Kenai a farm to run on. Everyday is a new adventure. You just never know what you’re gonna find. Found this just yesterday...😬B6129736-C56B-4C19-8FF1-25CDCEBAE9DB.jpeg

Reactions: Texas Splash
In our previous home, the squirrels outnumbered the birds at the feeder. We finally gave up and threw shelled peanuts to the squirrels. This one developed the habit of coming to the back door to beg for nuts. Or sometimes to the shelf outside the kitchen window where we had a flowerpot.

Where we live now, it's a bit too wild to feed the local fauna. Airborne predators would turn our backyard into a buffet.

Attachments

• squirrel1.jpg
    squirrel1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 23
  • squirrel2.jpg
    squirrel2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
  • squirrel3.jpg
    squirrel3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 23
  • squirrel5.jpg
    squirrel5.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
In my previous home, the squirrels outnumbered the birds at the feeder. We finally gave up and threw shelled peanuts to the squirrels. This one developed the habit of coming to the back door to beg for nuts. Or sometimes to the shelf outside the kitchen window where we had a flowerpot.

Where we live now, it's a bit too wild to feed the local fauna. Airborne predators would turn our backyard into a buffet.
Adorable!!

My pool, my fox red labrador wandering around on the tanning ledge. Can't get her to get in the pool anymore. She jumped in several times on the ledge right after it was completed, but we've had to coax her in every other time. I try to convince her that she would enjoy it but she seems to think I'm nuts.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.