Tell Me I Should Open My Hot Tub

I hope you are kidding.. I foresee it falling over almost every time you use it.
Well, I initially was kidding, but now I'm kind of considering it as a temporary measure since the pool and hot tub have have been making my wallet hemorrhage this year. I've put Cadillac hoods up on these things and they are quite stable with all that weight. Beats putting the cover on the ground and is multipurpose too. Yes, I am weird :)

Well, I initially was kidding, but now I'm kind of considering it as a temporary measure since the pool and hot tub have have been making my wallet hemorrhage this year. I've put Cadillac hoods up on these things and they are quite stable with all that weight. Beats putting the cover on the ground and is multipurpose too. Yes, I am weird :)
But that Cadillac hood, did you slide it on from something else , like the hot tub cover, or did you have four guys set it nicely on there?

You could do something like this, its still pretty inexpensive.

Reactions: Plettschner
But that Cadillac hood, did you slide it on from something else , like the hot tub cover, or did you have four guys set it nicely on there?

You could do something like this, its still pretty inexpensive.

Honestly, I'm probably going to go that route... no stress on cover/seams, no lifting tub to slide plates under it, and dirt cheap. I have the room for it so no worries there.

Apparently, 4 persons max is merely a suggestion in the eyes of a bunch of 13-15 year old girls. There's room for 5, if you're all good friends. Somehow 8 of them are in the tub right now. I think they might be sitting on each other's laps. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Had to dose it with CL 4 times so far today. Probably about due for #5. Just left the OTO kit next to it and test every couple of hours.

Tub is doing great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ahh. to be 14 or 15 again... living life like a bottle rocket with the stick broken off.

So, the Saltron Mini arrived today, I got my bag of salt, but no test kit until Friday :(
You have no salt now so just use PoolMath & add what it says to get in the middle of the range - give it time to mix in (several hours) & crank that baby up! You can test & fine tune the amount later. I usually add the max amount upon fresh fill as it will go down w/ time due to replacement of splashout. Suits carry alot of water out with them in a body of water with such small volume.
This way I only have to add more maybe once between 6month water exchanges.

Reactions: Plettschner
will ferrell snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I was trying to figure out where to plug it in and I remembered there was a power socket hanging out of the IQ2020 control box for the optional but not installed ozone generator... and it was 120vVAC, always on.

20210915_180518.jpg
Ozone Generator power socket, bottom right.

So, did a little modification so I could plug in the Saltron Mini power cord...

20210915_181301.jpg
New regular old NEMA 5-15 socket donated from a 1' extension cord, bottom right.

Bam! Nice tidy hidden GFCI-protected 120VAC for the Saltron Mini! Power cord exits bottom of engine compartment next to incoming tub power cord

20210915_182456.jpg
Saltron Mini cord plugged in, bottom right

Mounted it up, plugged it in, and we are making chlorine! Just have to do a little cable management and all is good

20210915_182647.jpg
Mounted!

20210915_184740.jpg
Bubbly chlorine goodness!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.