Technique for removing embedded plaster dust

SteelBlue

Jul 4, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a dark colored Pebble finish that is two months old. Like many darker Pebble finishes, mine was left with light cloudy patches on the bottom that I assumed was embedded plaster dust. The installer was of no help and basically disappeared from the scene. I've not read any reliable ways to deal with this except for keeping the pool balanced and waiting, hoping it would disappear. I had been using dry acid to keep the pH 7.2 - 7.4, which is the recommended pH by Pebble Tec for the first months of use. I faithfully mixed the dry acid in a bucket of water before adding it to the pool. Then a thought struck me. If I threw in the dry acid in its granular form over the cloudy patches and let it sink to the bottom, which it did, it might be a sort of mild acid wash. I did this, let it sit for one minute then brushed the white granules up off the floor into solution. After two weeks of this (a daily event), the white cloudy patches are starting to fade.

It is actually not "Pebble Tec" but another competing company, but if it's not gone by the end of September I will do that. The problem with that method is that the fix will surely involve draining the pool which costs me $300 above my normal water bill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.