Taylor kit complete k-2006

Any suggestions on where I can find cheap reagents to replace some of the expired And empty reagents From my Taylor kit. A trip to the local Leslie‘s pool supplies and it seems they do not offer a lot of the reagents for this particular kit.

I checked Amazon but the prices seem a little high curious if there are other suppliers that may be cheaper

^What he said.^

And do it before midnight! 20% off ends today. $41.60 (plus shipping) for a complete K-2006 refill.

I get from Amazon. Also, I buy the 16 oz. bottles for the stuff I know I use a lot of: DPD titrating liquid, DPD powder, pH indicator, cyanic acts indicator, harness indicator, calcium buffer (although I do not go through the hardness indicator or calcium buffer nearly as much as I use to when I first started). It winds up being very inexpensive that way. I just store in a dark cool cabinet in the kitchen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had mixed results with refills from Amazon. About half the time, they are expired or will expire in 30-60 days. I've found TFTestkits to be the most reliable and better pricing, especially at sale time. They have 2 or 3 20% off sales per year. Get on their mailing list for next time.

Reactions: wireform
I just ordered some today off of Amazon. I use the K-2006 and K1001. Both kits were originally ordered from Amazon, but I'll be sure to check expiration dates on the refills.

A lot of last years agents were still good in the 2006, but I ran out of the FAS-DPD powder and R-0871. I couldn't find a larger refill for the K1001 and decided to switch things up based on a post that Joyful Noise responded to and am switching to the larger #9056 comparator block.

I got:

- 10g of FAS-DPD powder and 2oz of R-0871 together

- 2 oz refill kit of #0001, #0002 and #0004 ( The PH #0004 won't work with the K1001 block but will with the #9056)

- #9056 Comparator block so I can test higher than chlorine levels than 5.

I'll just see if I can pop off the caps to the little bottles and refill them off of the 2oz so they still fit my 2006 box.

I've had mixed results with refills from Amazon. About half the time, they are expired or will expire in 30-60 days. I've found TFTestkits to be the most reliable and better pricing, especially at sale time. They have 2 or 3 20% off sales per year. Get on their mailing list for next time.
TFTestKits is US Only though, if your outside the US, your stuck with pretty much Amazon, or the pool store that will charge you double the Amazon price for the same kit, and this time of year it's probably last years stock anyway.

I had the same issue. Some Amazon merchants were good and some weren’t, though it was difficult to find all I needed from one merchant.

I’ve had great luck with Amato (on Amazon or directly from Amato). TFTestKits is a great source as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.