Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Greeetings All,

I found this post by OTPirate going back to 2018. Is this still a valid procedure, particularly what a CYA of 50 should look like? Best, Lyman

"The CYA standard is so you can adjust yourself to the standard, not the other way around. I trust the chemists at Taylor Technologies whom manufacture the standard.

You do not use any pool water to use the standard-it is the pool water. Fill a mixing bottle half of standard, half of R-0013 and pour to 50 ppm in whatever testing vial (view tube, comparator) you are using. That is what a CYA of 50 looks like.".

Greeetings All,

I found this post by OTPirate going back to 2018. Is this still a valid procedure, particularly what a CYA of 50 should look like? Best, Lyman

"The CYA standard is so you can adjust yourself to the standard, not the other way around. I trust the chemists at Taylor Technologies whom manufacture the standard.

You do not use any pool water to use the standard-it is the pool water. Fill a mixing bottle half of standard, half of R-0013 and pour to 50 ppm in whatever testing vial (view tube, comparator) you are using. That is what a CYA of 50 looks like.".

URL to above:

Correct. Remember that environmental conditions (sunny, cloudy, etc) when you do the test can influence the result some.

You can swim while/after you add it. I use dry stabilizer in a sock. Once it softens up (I put it in the skimmer with pump running) I take the sock out and squeeze it while swimming. Disperses quickly.

Best to not get directly in the eyes. It is mildly acidic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.