Taylor CYA Test

LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Greeetings All,

I found this post by OTPirate going back to 2018. Is this still a valid procedure, particularly what a CYA of 50 should look like? Best, Lyman

"The CYA standard is so you can adjust yourself to the standard, not the other way around. I trust the chemists at Taylor Technologies whom manufacture the standard.

You do not use any pool water to use the standard-it is the pool water. Fill a mixing bottle half of standard, half of R-0013 and pour to 50 ppm in whatever testing vial (view tube, comparator) you are using. That is what a CYA of 50 looks like.".

LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Greeetings All,

I found this post by OTPirate going back to 2018. Is this still a valid procedure, particularly what a CYA of 50 should look like? Best, Lyman

"The CYA standard is so you can adjust yourself to the standard, not the other way around. I trust the chemists at Taylor Technologies whom manufacture the standard.

You do not use any pool water to use the standard-it is the pool water. Fill a mixing bottle half of standard, half of R-0013 and pour to 50 ppm in whatever testing vial (view tube, comparator) you are using. That is what a CYA of 50 looks like.".

URL to above:

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Correct. Remember that environmental conditions (sunny, cloudy, etc) when you do the test can influence the result some.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
You can swim while/after you add it. I use dry stabilizer in a sock. Once it softens up (I put it in the skimmer with pump running) I take the sock out and squeeze it while swimming. Disperses quickly.

Best to not get directly in the eyes. It is mildly acidic.