Taming the green beast

It could be dirt from the environment, it could be dead algae, it could be sand from the filter. Here is what you do to "test" for each one:

-dirt-it is what it is. Nothing you can do about it

-dead algae-have you done a OCLT yet? Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

-sand-have you opened up your filter and looked inside it? How about a deep clean? You can put a fine mesh bag or sock over your return and see what comes out.

Kim:cat:

The wife vacuumed it up again on Friday night and it hasn't been back. Proving that I don't know how to use the vacuum, just like she said.

I deep cleaned the filter sand while I had the pipes cut open on Saturday to install the SWG. It didn't really need cleaning, but that's pretty low effort. Dumped in 480lbs of Solar Crystal salt. The numbers all looked great, so we got in. The water was 67 degrees, so we got back out.

No pics until I finish pressure washing the concrete and clean up my mess, but know that the pool looks great.
Here's some numbers for you data-heads:
FC 5.5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 140
CYA 42
SALT 3400

I've got more CYA in a sock, and I'm trying to aerate by pointing a return upward to get that TA down a bit. Also trying to learn the right settings for this SWG.

Dave?? Now are you being THAT guy??? "If I don't do a good job with ?? she will not ask me to do it again." :joker: LOL

It might have just been the timing of the vacuuming she did and the sand finally caught it this time!

Kim:cat:

HAHA! Yes - Yes I am!
Actually I think I have been getting more 'stuff' in the water than I realized while pressure washing around the deck. I didn't wash any more this weekend, and it stayed clean. But I certainly don't mind the help with regular maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.