TA Drop PH Drop

How much did your TA drop? For me, once water temps got above 85°, my high TA readings caused all sorts of PH problems and cloudy water. I had to add acid and aerate to get TA back down and ph leveled out and the water is clear again. I started with TA of 460.

I'd check and adjust pH more often. With that high TA well water, it's going to push pH up real fast. If you have high CH, you're at risk of growing scale on the walls. Yes, vinyl pools can scale. Low CVH is no problem. People forget the other half that high CH can be.

The 1 CC worries me. Unless the pool is normally covered and you just pulled the cover off before testing or you just threw a load of kids out, it shouldn't be that high.

What it was 2 weeks ago
((FC-3.5
CC-.5
Calcium 50
CYA-60
PH over 8.2 on Taylor daily kit
TA 620
It is well water and is sky high every time))

Since the initial test I have added 4 gallons of MA the last one tonight
3.5# CA by sock
64 oz 10% Liquid sodium hypochlorite each evening unless I am adding the MA then I skip
I also had Prefilled floater with 7 3” Pucks to help keep a steady amount of chlorine and CA on the fresh fill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.