Switch Labeled "Pool Cleaner"

sp,

I suspect you have a booster pump that powers (or did power) a pressure side pool cleaner. A booster pump has a small output hose or pipe.. About 1" diameter..

If you have no such pump, then the switch will do nothing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Me thinks I have the same switch in my house. It gets switched and I get a text to clean the pool.

sp,

No... you have to have a dedicated return line...

Do you have a pressure side cleaner? Should look something like this.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HRET56/ref=asc_df_B002HRET565072524/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B002HRET56&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151535350&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8215089447905814198&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027224&hvtargid=pla-304146917267

If not, it makes little difference...

Could be the booster pump is bad, or its GFCI breaker is just popped.

Pressure side cleaners are a little like old black rotary dial phone.. they work, but do you want one of them, or would you rather have a cell phone? DC powered Robot cleaners are the technology of this century.. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

No, we purchased the home about a year ago. The previous owners did not leave a cleaner.

I looked all around the pool but i don't see where the cleaner would be attached. The main part of the pool has two return jets and the spa has about 5 jets.

The return line would be in the pool and it looks like a return jet. The previous owner may have capped it off with a plug.

When you look at your picture of the booster pump, you can see the pressure side of the booster pump connecting to the return line for the cleaner (by the pipe labeled spa)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.