In The Industry
Jan 4, 2023
Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Look to replace a Brass fitting/part for our 1973 Swimquip DE Filter. It is three pieces, the inside piece is to secure it to a 4" metal pipe; the outside piece is place pressure on the discs and the third is a locking nut. And it goes on the end of the filter grid towards the 10" pipe. If you are able to see the pictures. If there is any information on this piece that would be wonderful. Thank You

DE Filter.jpg12-19-0001.jpg12-19-0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look to replace a Brass fitting/part for our 1973 Swimquip DE Filter. It is three pieces, the inside piece is to secure it to a 4" metal pipe; the outside piece is place pressure on the discs and the third is a locking nut. And it goes on the end of the filter grid towards the 10" pipe. If you are able to see the pictures. If there is any information on this piece that would be wonderful. Thank You
Fifty-year old SwimQuip bought by StaRite bought by Pentair commercial vacuum DE filter. Even older than my experience. The only parts I am aware of that are readily available are the circular grids.

What is the filter model number?

Do you have the original manual?

Do you know any part numbers?

What is exactly wrong with the parts?
#29825-19 i dont know if this is a Model # or what. explained below

do not have original manuals that I have found yet.

but there is a lot of paperwork spread throughout the City. In the original drawings there is a detail for ""SWIMQUIP" #29825-19, (5 Assemblies), 210 sq ft ea, provide with wall mounting bracket and Mechanical Joint"

the part is seized. I can not turn the outer bolt to apply mechanical pressure against the discs. We tried heat and that didn't work. I don't know when I will be able to get them off long enough to try and soak them in anti seize solution.

What I mean by Mechanical pressure is if I were to be able to turn the outer ring the cap would be able to apply more pressure beyond the amount of pressure that I alone can produce.

Most likely, you will have to replace everything as the system is getting too old.

Otherwise, you will probably need to find a place that can custom make parts for you, but that begins to get expensive.

Understood, most likely the system will not be replaced anytime soon. This is really the only hurdle I have left as far as the old filter system goes. Ill keep exploring all the different avenues. Thanks

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.