Swimming Saturday? Maryland Spring Finally Here?

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Weather is showing as of Friday, temps are firmly (and finally!) in the low 80s/upper 70s. Going to crank the heater starting Friday morning and finally get in! I opened 3/26 so have been jonesing to get in!

Ijamsville here. Been open since the first week of April or so. Daughter swam a little weekend before last - no heater and she did not stay in for too long :cool:

Hoping the coming weekend will being the warmth for good.

• Wow
Reactions: PoolGate
So about 2 hour ago my pool was 63 and I had decided to forgo swimming this weekend due to next week being back to cold and raining. But for fun, I turned on the heater and right now I am at 73. 5 degrees/hour is fantastic! Air temp is 85 and sunny so that has helped a LOT. Not sure how high I will let it go the sun is going down soon and not sure I want to have the heater run all night. It needs at least another 15 degrees or I won't even consider dipping even a toe in (I am a wimp). Temps tonight are only dropping to 64 so I might just bite the bullet and crank it to 85 overnight and 90 tomorrow and go swimming. Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be really nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.