Wichita, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Afternoon all. Long time pool owner, but first time ever (at 47yo) owner of a SWG. I just recently switched to the SWG from bleach. Picked up the CircuPool RJ60+. Had it installed a few weeks ago, prior to pool opening. Plumbed it in myself (off of advice from helpful TFP members), but hired an electrician to come out and hook it up.

Opened on April 1, I was finally able to flip it on about three days ago when my temp got above 65 degrees. No issues, except it saying "generate" but salinity is still at 0000. I dropped in four bags of salt.

Independent tests run with the TF Salt Bundle from TFtestkits tells me I'm at 4200. But still no registration on salinity? I'm confused, and this being my first time with an SWG, I'm looking to you experts to see what you think. I've attached some pics.

Did some research, and read something about being able to see bubbles in the SWG? I definitely don't have any of those.

Betting my bottom dollar it has something to do with those Cell Volts and Cell Amps readings, because according to the manual that should be 21-27v when generating and 2.4-7.80amps while generating. I know not to always trust the manual, hence my plight to the genius bar that is TFP.

TF-100 readings (taken five minutes ago)
FC - 11.5 (coming down from an opening pool SLAM)
PH- 7.2
TA - 80
CH - 150
CYA - 60
Salt- 4200
Temp- 69

Any ideas, amigos?

Thanks.

IMG_3797.jpgIMG_3798.jpgIMG_3799.jpgIMG_3800.jpgIMG_3801.jpgIMG_3802.jpgIMG_3803.jpgIMG_3804.jpg

Did the electrician wire it to a 120v line or a 240v line?
Is it wired thru a timer?
Unknown, but I'm not an electrician. He got done in less than an hour, which I thought was strange as I figured he would have to fish line through conduit to my breaker box (like they had to for pump motor installation), located a bedroom over inside. Here are some pics though.

What I can tell you is I bought the timer, as there was no way to hook up the RJ+ to run simultaneously as my pump. So using what I read on here, I bought an external timer to make sure SWG turns on after pump turns on and vice versa (running 24/7 right now though).

However, I did have to have him come back as where he installed the timer used to be an exterior outlet. He just assumed I wouldn't need it as I have another outlet located on the deck (like 40' away). I explained that i needed an outlet there to run outdoor TV, pool vacuum, etc. So he went back out and installed that two duplex outlet. I would assume that since he installed the timer to where an outlet once was, and the SWG is wired directly to that, he must have used 120v.

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 27
Shut off all power to your pool equipment at the circuit breaker.
Remove the black plastic flap covering the wiring in the timer box.
Take a pic - close up so we can see the wiring in the timer box - and post here.

Replace that cover before turning breaker back on.

Shut off all power to your pool equipment at the circuit breaker.
Remove the black plastic flap covering the wiring in the timer box.
Take a pic - close up so we can see the wiring in the timer box - and post here.

Replace that cover before turning breaker back on.
Done.

Attachments

• IMG_3808.jpg
    IMG_3808.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 26
I believe they are default from the manufacturer set to 240v.
There is an internal jumper to change to 120v. It's outlined in the manual that comes with it.

@Texas Splash
Do you have to do something in the Circupool controller to switch to 120v?
In the manual it says that it's factory set for 240, but to switch to 120 you have to install some sort of jumpers. I have no clue what that means. I'm assuming if this wasn't done, I'm basically just supplying power to the display and none to the SWG.

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 11
How many circuit breakers did you turn off to isolate the pool equipment?
Was one of them a double pole breaker?
Post a pic of the breakers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe they are default from the manufacturer set to 240v.
There is an internal jumper to change to 120v. It's outlined in the manual that comes with it.
Is this internal jumper visible in the pic that I sent you? In the drawing in the manual, it's a black bridge looking thing, but that may just be a drawing. I have no clue what an internal jumper is.

c,

Don't move any jumpers.. It appears your timer is sending 240 Volts AC to your SWCG.

Edit.. I know the wire colors are not right, but if the timer is just sending 120 VAC to the SWCG, why switch the neutral line???

Better to check before moving any jumpers...

Jim R.

Last edited:
How many circuit breakers did you turn off to isolate the pool equipment?
Was one of them a double pole breaker.
Post a pic of the breakers.
Sure. I never trust myself with breakers, so I always just turn off the entire main house breaker when I am doing anything electrical, and I did that to do what you told me with the timer. I didn't build the house, just the pool, so I'm still figuring out what breaker does what.

I'm fairly certain it's the top right breaker, maybe the one beneath it as well. I was the one who numbered all of them when I spent a summer trying to figure out what breaker does what.

Attachments

• IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 17
It appears you have a T104 timer - which is 240v - and the SWG appears to be wired to the timer correctly.

C,

I find it odd that a real electrician would use a white and black wire to run 240 VAC.

I'd at least call him and ask if he wired the timer for 240 or not. Or if you have a buddy with voltmeter, have him come over and take a quick measurement.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.